More physics

I

imamartian

We obviously live in three dimensional space (well 4 dimensions if you include time). But science thinks there are 10 or 11 dimensions! What on Earth (!) does that mean?

Can we have a 5th dimension? There's talk of another universe less than a millimetre away from us that we have no perception of?

Can anyone explain what these dimensions can be?

Sponsored Links
for every choice a single person makes, another universe ( or universes if it's multiple choice ) is created where the oposite choice(s) are taken

it might be hugely different, ( like if hitlers Mom decided she had a headache that night, there'd be no rockets, no space travel etc.. ), or it might be miniscule such as you deciding to wear your silver striped tie instead of your plain navy blue one.

for every choice a single person makes, another universe ( or universes if it's multiple choice ) is created where the oposite choice(s) are taken

Which is why, if time travel were possible it would be impossible to change anything due to the knock-on effect.

To use your example of hitler, (I refuse to use a capital h), if someone went back in time and assassinated him in the late 30's early 40's then the course of the war would be different. Some people may die that didn't and some may live that didn't. This in turn would alter the structure of various families, maybe even yours. Would you have been born? Would you have an extra sister or brother? Would the time traveller have been born? If not then time travel may not have occured for another 200 years, in which case by altering the past the time traveller would be the cause of his own demise by not being born in the first place and consequently not been able to time travel.

so are you suggesting that time travel is a dimension? if so, are you suggesting it isn't possible? and then what about the other 6 dimensions?

Sponsored Links
Lets say there are 'other dimensions'.

I met my wife at a swimming baths one Sunday morning just over 37 years ago after a last minute decision to go with my mates. In the 'other dimension' I took the opposite decision and stayed at home.
Consequentially in the other dimension I never met my wife, never had 2 children by her and ultimately never had a total of 4 grandchildren.
Now, in the dimension where I met my wife a time traveller from the future has gone back to that Sunday morning. He decides that as we ran down the Pier Head landing stage to catch the ferry to New Brighton that I would trip up and sprain my ankle, therefore stopping me from catching the ferry and going to the baths and meeting my wife.
In the other dimension the opposite would have to happen, I would catch the ferry, meet my wife and have kids etc.
However, because of the changes in this dimension affecting me, they would also affect others such as my parents because they wouldn't have had the 2 grandchildren we gave them. This would lead to things that happened in their lives with our children not actually occuring in their lives because they did not do those things with those grand children.

Are you confused?

Because I bloody am! :LOL: :LOL:

If time travel was ever invented it wouldn't be any use to anyone. Because everything is moving about, if you travelled back in time one year, you'd be zillions of miles away from where the Earth was one year ago. Somewhere in deep space, maybe in the middle of a star if your luck was really out.

My sister in Law is a Prof of inorganic Chemistry and goes Cern quite often to Smash accelerated electrons into atoms molecules etc.
As a fairly basic engineer I think there very nice pictures, but understanding sub atomic particles you might as well ask me about crochet.
How in the hell do you accelerate and electron, I was always under the impression that they were very nearly at light speed anyway.?
But they obviously can so why cant they get my Broadband above 1.5mb
And design a toaster that doesn't set my fecking smoke alarm off.
:D

Have you seen one of those gadgets that they use for goalkeeper practice where the ball goes between two slightly narrower rollers and the rollers grab it and chuck it out? Well it's a real little one of them.

theorists need to work to earn a living, too...

forget time travel, it can't exist

time travel DOES exist.. you're doing it right now.. you are traveling into the future, albeit at the leisirely pace of 1 day/day

time travel to the PAST cannot exist for the grandfather paradox reason stated..
although who's to say that altering anything would change anything in this universe? it would just create a parallel universe as making any decision does..

other dimensions are needed to explain string theory, where stuff we see isn't actually there. it's made up of sub atomic particles that we see but which are only part of a string that passes through several other dimensions and may even then re-appear in ours somewhere else as part of something else..

they proved this by splitting some sub atomic particle in 2 and taking the 2 halves a long way from each other..
they then manipulated one half and the other half did the same thing despite being a long way apart.

or some cobblers like that..

String theory is pretty much discredited these days.

Having given it some thought over a considerable amount of time, nearly 45 mins until Mexico scored I have reached a stunning conclusion, France lost 2-0 but how do I know seeing as I didn't see the second goal.
My reality might be different from yours.
But in this time frame we are all at one, suppose we were a millisecond apart either forward or backward, multiple consequence's multiple dimensions.

Anyhow for the time being as my not interested in football at all Irish wife put it "that will teach the cheating feckers"

Sponsored Links
Back