How to be sure of the official dimensions of a freezer or fridge

The best I can find so far is a pair of Beko units. Both Which best buys and both sold at AO.com in either white or silver. One of them is currently out of stock but they are getting more in soon and you can sign up for an alert when they do.

The freezer is Beko UF584 APW (white) or Beko UF584APS (silver) and has a capacity of 85 litres.
The fridge is Beko UR584APW (white) or Beko UR584APS (silver) and has a capacity of 101 litres.

The dimensions for all of them are the same:
H: 84 cm
W:54.5 cm
D:59.5 cm

The height and the width are both 5mm more than your existing. The depth is more awkward to work out, as you know yours is 57 cm deep WITHOUT the gubbins at the back.

I would think yours must be around 60 deep including the gubbins, so hopefully you should be OK. Worst case scenario, your units will protrude from the worktop a bit more than the existing ones do at the moment.

Don't get confused with another model which is sold by AO, which is the UFF584APW. This model has the same external dimensions as the ones above, but a smaller capacity.

Both hinge on the right so you might want to decide which is going where, then reverse the door of one of them, so they open like cupboard doors. Or not!

Which? said this about the freezer: Can freeze a lot of fresh food. Great at keeping food safely frozen in fluctuating room temperatures. Protects food for more than 24 hours after a power cut. Fire retardant backing.

Which? said this about the fridge: Very accurate thermostat. Quick to chill. Evenly cools. Immune to fluctuating room temperatures. Fire retardant backing.

Hope this helps!

Securespark, I'm sure that what you found will be very helpful, indeed. Thanks very much for taking the trouble! The protrusion from the worktop is quite important, seeing that, already, we have to squeeze past the corner of the worktop (at its end), as we come into the kitchen through its door from the hall. I shall need to consult with my wife about that. Meanwhile, it seems you have verified that Beko is a good make (I was unsure of that, previously), and it seems as if the dimensions could not be much nearer to what we need. All in all, this is a very helpful packet of information. Thanks again! The trouble that people will go to, for others, is amazing!
A.W.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back