Which fridge freezer will fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My fridge freezer has packed up at the start of this year! Great!!!!

Just wondered which integrated fridge freezer would fit my carcass/doors currently installed in my kitchen?

My current carcass measure (cm):
W 56
D 50
H 191

And the current fridge freezer installed measures
W 56
H 50
H 157

It has a 120cm door on the fridge (the top half) and a 70cm door on freezer (the bottom half).

What size fridge freezer do I need to buy to replace it? Is it a 70/30 or a 60/40?

I've found a hotpoint HM3121 on ebay which is 1760 x 530 x 540mm.

Would this fit? What would?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
was it used somewhere cold like a garage that would be below 8 degrees for long periods!!!!

i should have added theres a fair chance it will work normaly iff plugged back in as long as it has been kept indoors and not got wet ;)

Thanks for your reply.

The fridge is and has been installed in our kitched for a period of 4 years (when we bought the house) plus longer.

The light comes on when the door opens but changing the dial up and down doesn't make it work. The fridge and freezer have both stopped by the way (don't know if this helps).

Do you not think it's broken then?

Back to the original question..... based on the dimensions given above.... what size fridge/freezer will I need to buy to replace the current one?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
it could be many a thing if its in the warm you will only have one compressor so both stopping is normal
if its several years old probably better to buy new and safe throwing good money after bad

at this time off year people have fridge freezers in the garage wher its neer to freezing and because the fridge is cold enough at 5 degrees the compressor never runs so the freezer thaws out and they think its broken when its not

Ok thanks for your help.

Are you suggesting buying new rather than from ebay?

To be honest I don't think I could afford £350+ for a new one but could afford £50-£100 from ebay. Do I need to make sure it's come out of a kitched rather than garage/shed?

Could you give me advice on which would fit? I've just taken out the old fridge/freezer and it's only small (measurements above). We could really do with one which is taller..... does the 70/30 one do this?

Thanks

do you know if the compresor runs but dos'nt cool!!!

feel free to jump in anyone else :D :D

would you normaly have heard the compressor starting up!!

if the motor isnt running it can a faulty motor/faulty thermostat[temperature probe]/ control knob/faulty circuit/blown internal fuse'
there is also circutry connected with the frost free side you need to consider

but you first have to rule out a mechanical or gas fault

unplug the fridge
pull the fridge out do a visual check look for anything out off place pull gently on the connecting wires tighten any connections you can see/easily uncover
look for anything out off place recover /refix any cover

plug in touch the motor feel for vibration leave plugged in for 10 mins touch again and feel for heat

at this stage you will need an electric test meter to check the circuitry then i would hand you over to someone who can advise you further

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back