Unlevel bedroom new build

Latex i think they said, by a flooring company who presumably will have done something similar in the past.
Not sure about new build domestics, but in commercial builds (shops, offices, hotels, bars, etc) using one or two layers of latex to correct discrepancies is very, very common indeed. It is also pretty fast. In general the limit is about 6 to 12mm per coat, but specific latex compounds can be built up to about 25mm in two or three passes.

The room will need to be emptied of furniture and I'd suggest that you need to take off a couple pieces of skirting where the build-up is going (and refit afterwards) otherwise it might look a bit odd when they are done. Either way it's a heck of a lot less disruption than lifting a large section of floor, sistering the joists to the correct height or packing the floor with timber firrings (they aren't realistically going to reposition the joists) and relaying the floor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. Will give it some thought. Not sure if we can be bothered with the hassle of it in all honesty, but it does frustrate me to feel the slight incline when i walk over that side of the bedroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back