unsquare room - centre tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The room I'm tiling is totally non uniform.
If I line up the tiles square with one wall, then they are not parallel with the units and vice versa.
Is it best just to make the best of a bad situation in this and make them parallel with one wall and just tile.
Which ever angle you look at it from, somewhere it will seem like it's not parallel.

Sponsored Links
I've never known anyone ask so many questions. I was under the impression you'd started. I think you should show me a pic of where you're up to then I know you're not takin the p*ss.

honestly mate, you haven't seen my flat. Not a straight wall in the entire place, awkward rooms, etc.

Actually, to be honest I can't do much about it now as I've laid 95% of the tiles. I was just checking. I reckon once the grout is down, and kitchen unit skirting back, I'll hardly notice but the tiles are definitely only parallel with one wall. Because all the other walls aren't straight, and therefore the kitchen units aren't at 90degrees to each other, it makes them seem misaligned.

Sponsored Links
Then don't worry about it. Once they're all down you'll see if there's anything you should have done differently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back