Unusual smell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

The last couple of days we have noticed an unusual smell in the kitchen. It is only apparent in the kitchen and it is a kind of cheesy smell. We have checked behind units, under cupboards etc and cant seem to trace anything, anything in the fridge which may have aroused suspicion has been binned.

Any thoughts as to what this could be?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
scottc1978
you may have a blocked/dirty gully trap outside an the smell is coming in through the waste pipe , the u bend/trap may be losing its level/syphoning an allowing smells in ...
hope this may help

Might it be spilt milk? You need very little to cause a smell, even if it's been wiped up, it needs washing and rinsing and drying.

Sponsored Links
Dead mouse. Used to get called out to it lots as a Transco gas man.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

If its not, I'll have another drink.

Pull your fridge out and take a look at the compressor, you'll find a dead mouse or rat on it stinking to buggery.:cool:

Nooooooooooo. I didn't dig 'kin holes. God, I did my apprenticeship with BG when it was a decent company, fully fledged service engineer. I went to Transco as a TSE in '95 when the then government decided to mess up a good industry. So I did a bit of outside work, but mainly first response to gas leaks anywhere [24 hr cover, did 9 yrs & thought sod this]. I'm back to service engineer now with smaller company, much more fun. Digging holes, na. So I see you're in the building trade some how. Pssst, by the way, I saw 'her' over there, she needs to get back here & explain whats going on! [strongbow tonight, nice change :D ]

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

gasmarkone
aha..lol said Alan Partridge styley

I am an Ex GB Service Engineer ...lol ...hollinwood were you ?

I did 11 years then 1990 ,
I went offski on tod ,
I was 1st off... everyone in my district ,lol ...

got corgi ,
did a year massing loadsamoney old BG customers lol..lol,

I jacked corgi in as I fell out with them ,
over some dodgy landlords in my area ,
them not backing me on some safety concerns ....
waste of time corgi then .. now a real shower of ****e , I hear .. :( :(

I then went with my pal down to London in a camper working , an made loads a money doing bathroom refits , martin is a lecky an top tiler , me plumbing ,
doing suites at 2 k profit split then ...around 97 moved back too Madchester after my wife was ill ...lost our baby :(

an have built up a very good local Quality bathroom refit firm ,

now semi retired at 40 ,

not bad going for a guy who used to let the distro guys ring in class1 escapes for the stand by callouts ..on sunday double time ..lol lol :)
fun times ..lol my gasgoseeker was always faulty an distro lads would find a joint needing arobic sealing ..lol

Oh yeah, the number of outsiders I've had phoned in at the weekend!! Loads of money. Just got fed up of getting out of bed at 2am on a frosty night just because a gnat had f*rted in a field somewhere, for christ's sake. Bit hard up now but its more fun, get the weekends with family or footy [mighty Yeovil town]. I've got a cash job lined up next week, bathroom, don't know whether to take the self employed plunge or not. Well, ain't it funny, you never know who you meet. Loads more stories, will think of them & post up some time.

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

markie

lol I forgot more than the corgi know ..lol ...

shower of w*nkers ,

would sell my backside on Canal st before go to Corgi scumbags ..lol

gasmarkone
yeah
strange how life works out ... lol :)
I must say I did enjoy my Auf Wiedersehen Pet, lifestyle in the 90s... lol... met loads of great lads on sites ...
a very good hint here ...
if going S/E
learn to tile , go on a tiler course ...
then cheap auction nearly new van ,
do bath refits , part tiling walls ..(finishing touch,+customer gets job done in one touch .. )
start with relatives ,
then hand out cards when they love the finish ...
pay yourself a day rate to cover costs ...
do a BOSS job , an give the patter /BG customer care service spiel ,
you wont NEED to advertise ...

within a month you will be working every day , at posher houses double day rate ..

just an Idea ....sorry if you know all this ... :)

scottc1978 said:
Hi folks,

The last couple of days we have noticed an unusual smell in the kitchen. It is only apparent in the kitchen and it is a kind of cheesy smell. We have checked behind units, under cupboards etc and cant seem to trace anything, anything in the fridge which may have aroused suspicion has been binned.

Any thoughts as to what this could be?

Thanks.

First thought is have you showered recently lol but seriously,
a couple of yrs ago one of my customers said same thing (i'm just a lowly decci) they said it was cheesy smell but it smelt more like stale washing powder or melting plastic, got me thinking it was an electric short :eek: I tried each switch and sure enough the freezer switch (fcu) wouldnt budge, turns out it was a loose connection and switch was slowly melting inside :!: :eek:

confidentincompetent

lol ..lol..lol..lol..

we just imagined burning the fellas house down ..:) sorry ...but

scottc1978
FIRE ......FIRE .....FIRE...LOL :)

get out while you still can ....

God have mercy on your souls ..lol :)

Hey Moz we just had a whole load of replies deleted by the moderator on the stupid question posting, does that make me a seasoned and qualified poster now I've been moderated? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back