Unvented central heating system sounds like kettle!

Hi Dilalio, appreciate the comment. I understand without being on site it's difficult.
I wanted to avoid floors up!
So what we are thinking is it's pipe or "connector" in heating system and NOT the HW System.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Picasso, so it's floorboards up time. When I put my ear "Screwdriver" to the return pipe then it does sound the culprit but i can't be sure with noise travel!
Cheers

Without rereading the whole thread again, to determine if this has been covered, but...

Did the noise manifest itself, over time or was it immediately following modifications to the system/plumbing in general?
What were those mods and where? Expose those areas that were previously uplifted and investigate runs/joints/hidden fittings. It may be that methods were used to speed up the additional works and keep costs down and through wear and tear, nuisance-free operation, at the time, has now deteriorated and produced anomalies!

Sponsored Links
I have a radiator as a bypass between pump and motorised valves(airing cupboard) I thought enough? In loft I have an Ariston contract sti 125 HWT no visibility or mention (in manual) of bypass valve between flow and return to tank.
The extension CH flow and return travel up though loft. I noticed the return from the extension (6 rads) cuts into the return from HWT in loft. It's the first cut in to the return from the HWT. Next cut in to same return is in airing cupboard on first floor and then dissapearsmunder floor boards.
Could this cause pressure differential and then noise?
Would a non return valve or a gate valve between CH return cut in and return out of HWT be beneficial or is that a mad idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back