Unvented cylinder - low pressure just upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We have an air source heat pump with a gledhill unvented 210l cylinder.

Unvented tank is installed upstairs above kitchen.

It was installed just over a year ago.

We have a mixer shower that has amazing water pressure.

In the last few weeks the pressure of the upstairs hot and cold taps / shower has reduced to about half. Strangely the hot and cold taps downstairs seem normal. Outside tap seems normal too.

An interesting factor is that when you have a shower the pressure is great and normal for about 10-15 seconds then it reduces down to about half. You can turn the shower off, wait 30 seconds and it will do the same - good pressure then reduces to about half.

Not sure if this is normal but after using the hot water I can hear the cold water filling the tank for 30 secs or so. Maybe longer.

I see people on forums mention PRV could be faulty or a blockage. But the scenario doesn't sound quite the same as mine.

What do people think?

Ps. I had a plumber service the heatpump and system a few weeks back which could have coincided with this issue. Is there something he could have done?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - are you certain on that or is it a suggestion?

Did you see my edit (think u posted as I added it): Not sure if this is normal but after using the hot water I can hear the cold water filling the tank for 30 secs or so. Maybe longer.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Could you possibly explain why you think that please?

Wouldn't that effect pressure to the kitchen downstairs too? Kitchen pressure is as good as ever.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back