Unvented Cylinder Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new unvented system installed a few months ago. It has started to sometimes make a loud vibrating sound when a hot water tap is first turned on. The noise only lasts for a few seconds.

The installer has been out a couple of times and solved the problem for a bit but it keeps coming back. I think he was altering the pressure in the expansion vessel.

I have (on his advice) been recording the mains and EV pressure to see if there was a pattern. Last time the mains was at 2.8 bar and the EV at 3 bar. After running the tap and having the noise the mains dropped to just over 2 bar and the EV to 2.6 bar. Sometimes I have had similar readings but no noise!

Any ideas for me to suggest to the installer to cure this? He seems to be at a loss now and not keen to keep coming back. Should there be such a fluctuation in the 2 pressure readings? Should the EV pressure be lower to match the mains?

Any advice that I pass on would be appreciated. The cylinder is a stelfow 210 run off a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30. The installer is G3 qualified.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the super fast reply micky. I guess he set it to 3 a that is what the manual says. The mains seems to fluctuate between 2 and 2.8 bar. What should the EV be set at to cope with that?

Sponsored Links
Drop the expansion vessel pressure it is only a tyre valve at the top

of the expansion vessel. Let a few lbs out should sort it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back