Unvented cylinder placement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading conflicting thoughts on the placement of an unvented cylinder. Is it best to place it close to the mains incomer and boiler or closer to the bathrooms?

I have an existing airing cupboard which is quite close to the bathrooms that could house the cylinder or I could position it in the utility close to the boiler and incomer.

Putting it in the airing cupboard would mean more pipe work (especially as I want a 4 pipe system) but I assume I would get better hot water flow??? Does the PRV reduce flow aswell as pressure?

Thanks for any input! :)

Sponsored Links
A PRV will reduce the flow only slightly. You do need to establish your incoming water mains dynamic pressure & flow rate though, this is best done around Dinner time of an evening.

As for location; your correct in thinking it's all about the amount of pipe etc. Unless you have an awful long run from the cylinder to your bathroom, resulting in a huge 'deadleg' I'd site it at the boiler.... ;)
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back