Unvented Cylinder Recommendation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a 120-150L unvented DIRECT cylinder for a customer. Before i just go buy a Megaflow is there anything else i should look at? I probably would prefer one that didn't have the internal bubble/baffle expansion, which i know can cause problems.

Yes i have a G3 ticket :)

Sponsored Links
OSO and Santon are quite good as well, although where I work there are over 40 Megaflo cylinders installed, most of which have never had an issue.

Santon used to be a good cheaper alternative, but Heatrae have now priced these almost the same as the Megaflo :confused:

It seems they put Santon together with Potterton boilers and Megaflo with Baxi boilers in their marketing campaign :confused:

They both come off the same assembly line, using the same grade s/steel. They only become different when the baffle is fitted and the outer insulation.

Sponsored Links
I use Telford seem to be cheaper than the rest and have lifetime warranty

always made me wonder how they could give a lifetime warranty. :eek:

Vaillant make some excellent unvented cylinders with a 25yr guaratntee and Heatline do some low cost ones.

gledhill also do some, not sure on price though. pretty good quality as well, 25 yr guarantee

dangermouse46... are you feeling ok? having valliant and heatline in the same sentence :eek: :LOL: never seen a heatline tank in the wild before. i have seen a 300 liter unvented tank with air source heat pump on top before in bedford. but looks to have been kicked into the long grass after valliant took over. shame

dangermouse46... are you feeling ok? having valliant and heatline in the same sentence :eek: :LOL: never seen a heatline tank in the wild before. i have seen a 300 liter unvented tank with air source heat pump on top before in bedford. but looks to have been kicked into the long grass after valliant took over. shame

I have seen several heatline cylinders "in the wild" they're good for the price. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back