Unvented cylinder size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would really appreciate some advice from anyone who could offer some help with the following - I am after changing my open vent system with a unvented cylinder etc. Problem is I'm after a 250l but only have room (height) for a 210l. Has anyone experiance with a 210l (for reheat times and amount of water)
I've got 2 teenage girls and the mrs, so as you can imagine we get through a fair bit of hot water!

Would that extra 40l make that much difference? By the way the cylinder im after is a vaillant unistor, so i can make full use of the vaillant boiler

Sponsored Links
Ask your G3 man, he should be able to size cyl according to space.
40l wouldn't make too much diference to showers but may do for baths, if they all have them at the same time.

M=VT/14.3P

M is mins reheat
V is volume to be heated
T is temp rise
P is KW input

a bs1566 cyl is normally 15kw max input
10deg cold to 60deg hot is 50deg rise

reheat would be About 48mins from cold.

Dps can make a cylider to suit your size,and most new unventeds have a bigger coil(in excess of 20kw)

Sponsored Links
Cheers Mick

Yes the 210l is the largest I can go for in the space. I could go for the 250l Ariston, but then I cant make full use of the Vaillant ebus NTC sensor. I suppose where i am used to a conventional open system i cant get my head around the water heating up in only 20 mins!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back