unvented cylinder choice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could offer advice.... I'm getting a new boiler (Vaillant 630 system) and with it a 250l indirect cylinder. The problem is due to storage, the cylinder needs to be under 1600mm in height. I was looking at the Unistor, as I was impressed with the obvious compatibility to the boiler and all the ebus efficiency with the VRC430 controller etc. Trouble is its too tall.

The only cylinders that seems to fit are the Ariston Primo or the Telford Tempset.

Has anyone experience with either of these and do you know if they will utilise the boilers full efficiency.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The Primo is the one I would choose out of those two, make sure it comes with all the kit needed, i.e. expansion kit, etc. :)

Cheers Crockett, if I did go for the Primo do you know if I would still get all the energy saving benefits from the Vaillant? And is the Primo any good?

The problem is due to storage, the cylinder needs to be under 1600mm in height.
The only cylinders that seems to fit are the Ariston Primo or the Telford Tempset.

I had a Vaillant ecotec 630 and a similar height problem, so fitted a Tempest cylinder which after a lot of research are the shortest 250L cylinder around at under 1200mm height - it also came with all fittings (pressure vessel, thermostat, controls and valves).
It works a treat and even has a dry pocket to take the NTC (temperature sensor as used in the UniStore), so I see no disadvantages in it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back