Which is the best unvented pressurised hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to put an unvented indirect hot water cylinder (approx 200litres) in the loft. My plumber recommended the Ariston Primo cylinder but I wanted to canvas other opinions.

Which are the" best buy" cylinders?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The Primo is consistently made in one of the most automated and modern plants of its type. It is a no frills design but we have never had a problem with one, apart from the feet breaking off and a clumsy thermostat design. The former has been improved.

You already have been recommended a budget unvented cylinder.

Thanks for the quick response.
It's not necessarily a budget cylinder that I'm looking for, more a reliable, long lasting one at a reasonable price.

Does the Ariston still fit the bill?

In my opinion, yes. You could also look at the Range/Copperform/Kingspan offering (they are all the same), these are also branded Worcester Bosch.

Sponsored Links
remember how heavy a 210litre cylinder is going to be, or you will have more to worry about than its wonky feet :LOL:

I used to like the Santon which is an all stainless steel "second name" of Megaflo and a lot cheaper with the added advantage of having a seperate expansion vessel.

Tony

Most of these cylinders are much the same now,some earlier models had issues but they are all pretty much ironed out

The premium range would be the OSO and the Heatrae Sadia Megaflow,but not much in them

I use plumbcenter own brand, Range and kingspan as well as Santon for budget range of cylinders its all stainless steel with same long warranties which we will have to see if the manufacturers will honour

Some people now ask us to fit twin coil,which is not a bad idea because if you choose to have solar later then the rest of the heating system is all set up for it

This topic has been chewed over more times than I can remember on this forum, try searching for other posts ;)

OSO Super S every time for me, only theoretical downside is that they're single coil only, so you can't fit solar panels to them, but unless you're both feeling flush with cash and a bit of an eco-warrior, you won't want solar anyway so it's probably not an issue

RMcylinder's are doing some cheap stainless steel unvented cylinder's , give u a 25 year guarantee ???? for what it is worth ????

This topic has been chewed over more times than I can remember on this forum, try searching for other posts ;)

OSO Super S every time for me, only theoretical downside is that they're single coil only, so you can't fit solar panels to them, but unless you're both feeling flush with cash and a bit of an eco-warrior, you won't want solar anyway so it's probably not an issue

OSO do have a twin coil solar cylinder.

OSO do have a twin coil solar cylinder.

Indeed they do, but it's not the Super S, it's also a bubble-top which I'm not a fan of (although admittedly they do now recommend it's fitted fully-flooded with a separate EV)

No one mentioned The Main (Baxi) range. Any particular reason. I am told that thet are made in same factory as Megaflo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back