Which unvented cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which unvented cylinder do you recommend?
I've fitted ariston in the past but I'm sure there are better ones on the market.

Sponsored Links
they're all pretty much the same apart from the cheaper aristons which seem to leak alot.
I use kingspan copperform or centrestore from plumbcentre.

thanks for your reply Mickyg

I,ve experienced a leaking ariston thats why i'm loathe to fit one now.
I should have said that my supplier, Grahams, supply Albion, Tribune, and Gledhill so out of convenience i will buy probably one of those.

theyre all good mate tbh. I wouldnt fit albion or geldhill just out of spite for all the shoddy thermal stores they cursed on us over the years :D
Tribunes are good as any other

Sponsored Links
Oso have a 25 year warranty which they honour sometimes when it aint their fault ! or the cylinder's either !

Thanks gasbanni, I had to change a leaking Oso a couple of years ago under warranty and they paid me £200 to do it.
It was only three years old and I am reluctant to fit one now

Thanks gasbanni, I had to change a leaking Oso a couple of years ago under warranty and they paid me £200 to do it.
It was only three years old and I am reluctant to fit one now

Well I look after 90 odd 12 years old and all good !

Thanks gasbanni,
I have only fitted half a dozen cylinders, all ariston, so I don't know which are good and which aren't. You guys know more than me and I really appreciate your advice.

The Vaillant uniSTOR is good, easy to install and looks nice.

However, the Spanish motorised valves supplied with them are crap so I chuck them and fit Honeywell.

The Vaillant uniSTOR is good, easy to install and looks nice.

However, the Spanish motorised valves supplied with them are crap so I chuck them and fit Honeywell.

Hello Simond,
Would it be possible to email with you privately about cylinders and boiler replacements?
My address is [email protected]
I would be much obliged to you.
Regards
Walter

OSO Super S every time, looks good, easy to install and class-leading performance figures too.

Which unvented cylinder do you recommend?
I've fitted ariston in the past but I'm sure there are better ones on the market.

Some of the Aristons are steel with a 'glass' (I assume enamel) lining. I would only fit a stainless one with a 25 yr guarantee and there are plenty of mfrs offering these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back