Unvented Cylinder, thickness of pipe, reduce water flow

my comments are not tosh.. Flow and pressure are both relative in this situation. Yes i agree that his problem is down to flow (without a dout). What i am sayin is that upscaling from 15 to 22mm has not helped one bit.

It will merely increase pipe volume with no change to flow WHATSOEVER. Working pressure will be de-creased.

Look at it this way, a pressure washer pulls in 15mm pipework at say 1.5bar, it then pumps/compreses that water and forces it through a small opening giving a HIGHER pressure. If you removed the nosel off the lance would you have a high pressure with the unit running as normall? NO

I get the feeling your plumber has known this will be an issue and has put the 22mm pipework in place so that the main may be upgraded without dis-ruption. An accumulator will also aid with flow, however i would certainly be making the 22mm connection as close as possible to the unit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back