Unvented Cylinder v Thermal Store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to install a HW system to a light commercial kitchen serving a dining eating area, typical loads are:

-5 no. 50litre capacity sinks (250 litre total)
-D/washer (40 litres/hour)
-8no. whb's (50 litres)

What are the benefits (if any) of a thermal store / heat exchanger system over a more common indirect HW unvented cylinder, I guess we may need two cylinders whichever system was installed to cope with the HW demand?

We really don't want to run out of hot water, although I don't want a system more suited to running a large hotel!!

If anyone has any experience / advice I would be very grateful
Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Have you considerd the Rinnai Gas Powered Continious Water Heaters.

This company will be happy to give very helpful advice, please say Tim mentioned them to you ;)

http://www.rinnaiuk.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've had a look at the Rinnai site, would you rule out stored HW altogether, I would have though two large indirect HW cylinders would be more than enough with 600 litres available, even taking into account re-heat times?? Although I am no expert, what are your thoughts?

Are the Rinnai units like glorified 'combi boilers' without the heating. i.e. the units only put out so many l/min of hot water. I have a combi at home and it is pathetic when somone is washing up and you want to run a bath!!! :(

Also the system will need a secondary HW loop, can you incorporate this onto a system using Rinnai unit?
Thanks

Are the Rinnai units like glorified 'combi boilers' without the heating. i.e. the units only put out so many l/min of hot water. I have a combi at home and it is pathetic when somone is washing up and you want to run a bath!!!

no they are quality products designed just for hot water and yes they are subject to pressure and flow.
Also the system will need a secondary HW loop, can you incorporate this onto a system using Rinnai unit?

mucked that up :oops:

Sponsored Links
I have been on the ACV website they do HW cylinders with a high recovery rate, better than the standard indirect cylinders?

As I wrote in your other thread, you need to consider ALL your constraints/resources, and needs, together. Or I should say a suitable engineer does. If you ask odd questions about specific products you'll not get a "whole" answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back