Unvented Heating System - Noise Issue - Gledhill - 6 months on

Could be but If problem persists with EV renewal would suggest sorting out the pressure drop after the combination set. After visit 1 when they recharged the EV and checked the pressure with HW on it was apparently 3.0 bar but you are now only seeing 2.0 bar or less since they installed another PRV to deal with the kitchen tap causing a perceived problem, I would reposition this PRV to serve the kitchen tap only and see if you now get 3.0 bar after the combination valve set. If you don't get 3.0 bar and the pressure is still say 2.0 bar then I would reduce the new EV precharge to 1.8 bar.
OR (if noise problem still there after EV renewal),
simply wind up the cold mains PRV fully and check for 3.0 bar after the combination set and if room allows install NRVs on both the hot and cold at the kitchen tap, the cold mains PRV can then be removed to avoid future confusion.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

So we had the EV changed and all was good for a few months but now were back to hammer noise.

Attach picture and video, it only occurs when pressure builds up to over 3 bar. I have tried adjusting the mains pressure but it doesnt seem to help.

Any pointers welcomed again.

Attachments

• r1.PNG
    r1.PNG
    603.5 KB · Views: 18

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back