Unvented hot water cylinder -constant running water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I installed an Albion unvented hot water cylinder about 6 months ago, no problems up until now! Although now I can hear the constant sound of running water in the cylinder cupboard, seems to be from the balanced cold water! Which just runs to the thermostatic shower, so I isolated the shower and can still hear the noise? So I isolated all the mixer taps in the house and can still hear it? The hot water never gets up to full temp but gets warm! And takes quite a while to heat up! Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Was this fitted by a G3 registered person?

Does turning off the mains feed stop the noise?

Tony

Yes and yes! Mixers don't have check valves on though, although isolating the mixers and showers should app this shouldn't they?

Sponsored Links
Yes and yes! Mixers don't have check valves on though, although isolating the mixers and showers should app this shouldn't they?

If you have a balanced supply which you implied you have not having check valves won't matter as you have the same pressure on the hot and cold, although check valves are best practise

Did a pressure reducing valve get installed???

Maybe it is faulty and allowing the higher pressure hot water to
feed back into the main??

Other possibility is if you have a vented boiler the coil in the cylinder
is leaking allowing the water from the tank to vent into the header tanks?

Did this replace a vented system? You may have a leak under a floor or hidden somewhere. This would explain the noise of water flowing and the inability of the unit to reach temperature.

Hi all,

Thanks for your input, found the problem to be a leak under the concrete floor! Took a few months for it to appear! Going to install new pipework drops from the loft so will b sorted soon!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back