unvented indirect cylinder recommenation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we will be having an unvented cylinder installed shortly in our garage but which one is best?
Although there are only two of us its a good size 4 double bed house with bathroom and two shower rooms so thinking, twin coil for future proofing and 250 ltrs??
Weve had a good price on a Gledhill 250 solar “PLUIN250S” but are there better ones?
thanks
litl

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
64FF1CC3-D80F-454F-B934-386C90890340.jpeg
930BE9FA-49BC-4C69-8CC8-47A777405BE9.jpeg

Edit: another for Joule

Last edited:
Just looking again at the standing loss and the kingspan tribune txn210 seems better than most, supposedly because of extra insulation and internal expansion. anyone have an opinion on them please ?
litl

Last edited:
The OCD in me loves those installations.
Do you leave them open like that Dan or do you put insulation on afterwards like dilalio?

The OCD in me loves those installations.
Do you leave them open like that Dan or do you put insulation on afterwards like dilalio?

I leave it up to the end user. If they want to pay me to insulate it then happy days :D

Joule bought Rm who did Rm buy Joule?

Joule bought RM. I'm hoping it doesn't affect their quality. So far, we've had a few administration errors, but build quality is still up there.

I may live to regret it but have ordered an “A” rated OSO Delta Coil. I was a little worried that the Joule was so cheap.
litl

I may live to regret it but have ordered an “A” rated OSO Delta Coil. I was a little worried that the Joule was so cheap.
litl
Being 'A' rated doesn't say much about the quality of the steel (steel thickness, pressure it can withstand), whether they use branded not proprietary components, quality of the welding etc.

OSO Delta Coil cylinders are only 'A' rated because they have thicker thermal foam insulation and OSO openly state that in their sales brochures. They are 5cm fatter than Joule cylinders as a result. So Delta Coil standing loss figures are much better, yes.

However the specs show that Joule cylinders are significantly heavier than OSO (and RM and Kingspan cylinders for that matter) even when OSO are wider- although I accept that weight alone doesn't say anything definitive about quality.

Below is only anecdotal evidence, I wish I could find better data for a fair comparison!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4928392
https://goo.gl/maps/bqTksYfdzD22

Btw, Joule do say they can custom build A rated cylinders on request, at a cost.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back