Unvented pressure release into sink waste pipe - smelly

Sponsored Links
OK, this is what he did for us :-

Pressurised the heating system
Replaced our vented system with an unvented cylinder

Apart from the smell all seems to be working well without issue.

Just a thought - was we supposed to receive a certificate of some kind ?

Yes, the cylinder needs to be registered with Building Control and you should receive a compliance certificate. It also needs registering with the manufacturer for the warranty

Yes, the cylinder needs to be registered with Building Control and you should receive a compliance certificate. It also needs registering with the manufacturer for the warranty

ok, registered for warranty but didnt get any BC certificate. Looks like another plumber on the scrap heap ffs. I guess I should get a proper G3 plumber in to check it all over and get it registered ?

Sponsored Links
However, is not true that if the plumber is G3 then BC is not required ?

Just checked Gas Safe register. He is on there and he is ticked against all of the following :-

+ Building Regulations
+ Combustion performance gas analysis
+ Domestic Cookers/hobs
+ Gas Fire
+ Gas Boiler
+ Gas installation pipework
+ Domestic flued range cookers
+ Unvented Hot Water storage Cylinders
+ Vented hot water storage cylinders
+ Gas Water heaters

So I guess all is cool and I should simply get him back to fix the smelly pipework / tundish.

However, is not true that if the plumber is G3 then BC is not required ?
No. His G3 registration allows him to self-certify with Building Control without a BC inspector coming to assess the work. The installation still needs to be registered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back