Unvented/pressurised cylinder

Not banned, Dick, just busy elsewhere. You seem to be in your usual form.

Well, now I'm a Mod in here; I do need to be quite reserved.
Season Greetings to you, I do hope you & your new Husband have a prosperous 2017.

Sponsored Links
Well, now I'm a Mod

Vespa or Lambretta ?

with or without lights

vespa with lights.jpg

Whats it with obsessing over a 15-20 min shower
Hot water is quite soothing I dont feel like getting out of the shower.
I thought 15-20 mins was the average time.

Anyway back to topic, since you have a Vaillant boiler why not a Unistor you get the best controls and its a quality cylinder.

Sponsored Links
So is lying in a bath and that uses less water than the OP's 20 minute shower at 20 litres per minute.

She will use up virtually all her 300 litre cylinder of hot water just for her shower.

And she is ignoring the others in her household who apparently want to shower at the same time!

The only slightly redeeming factor is that the boiler will be working flat out reheating the cylinder while she is showering.

But not heating the house during that time so could be a bit cooler when she finally gets out of the shower.

Oh I did forget she has a rain shower

but probably doesnt use it at full pelt. Thats a serious amount of water. I have 20 min showers to but my flow rate from current house im in is is very poor its a gravity fed system. Awful flow thinks its no more than 2or 3 litres per min

And she is ignoring the others in her household who apparently want to shower at the same time!
well she said , its all about time for herself :rolleyes: , don't think she cares about her family :)

( isn't it good stirring it up a bit :) :whistle:)

Why should she not use it at full flow?

She believes she deserves it!

Its a bit of a cliche but for some cold clean water is a luxury.
Either way she pays for it so thats up to her.
with 300L wouldnt you mix that with atleast 100L of cold?

Agile are you still a big fan of the Santons or have you moved on to Joule like Dan?
Are Joule UK made? if it was your home and you had a £3k budget for boiler and cylinder
what would you use?

Are Joule UK made?

Joule are an Irish company with a subsidiary in England. The cylinders are manufactured at the bellyfermot factory Dublin.
The dutch company inventum has acquired a large stake in the Irish company.

with 300L wouldnt you mix that with atleast 100L of cold?

Agile are you still a big fan of the Santons or have you moved on to Joule like Dan?
Are Joule UK made? if it was your home and you had a £3k budget for boiler and cylinder
what would you use?

I have assumed a 20 litre shower for 20 minutes which is 400 litres of water. Provided by 300 li from the cylinder and 100 of cold added.

She has THREE of these rainfall showers so could potentially be using 60 li/min and deplete the cylinder in just 5 min !

Allowing for some cold added and reheating that is still gong to be far less than 10 min of showering.

Tony

The last cylinder I supplied and fitted was a Centre own brand because it was so much cheaper than all the others with the summer special offer.

The cylinder seems quite god quality. But I was not very impressed with the external periferals.

Tony

Joule are an Irish company with a subsidiary in England. The cylinders are manufactured at the bellyfermot factory Dublin.
The dutch company inventum has acquired a large stake in the Irish company.

Apparently their training day is very good & if Dan is an advocate of their products - that's good enough for me. I've really got to Brown Nose everyone for a good 'Xmas Drink' this time of year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back