1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Unvented system - Discharge pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Ads17, 16 Nov 2017.

1. Ads17

Ads17

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am getting an unvented CH system fitted in a couple of weeks and have a quick question.

The copper discharge pipe from the cylinder will exit the house at the first floor height and then run down the exterior wall to the ground which is approx 2.5m (Dot and Dab walls prevent it from being run downwards internally)

As this pipe will potentially have boiling/very hot water running through it there needs to be some sort of cover fitted to the external section to cover the pipe for saftey.
    I have seen little cages about 300mm high for where the pipes exit low to the ground but what is best for a longer external run?

I believe the protection is just to stop human contact with the hot pipe so would a piece of gutter downpipe be sufficient to surround the copper pipe or... as struggling to find and specific examples online?

2. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It'll be fine

3. Sponsored Links
  4. JimCrow

JimCrow

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Here,
    UVHW Discharge.JPG

5. Plumber90

Plumber90

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You only need it for the outlet not the whole pipe.

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links