Unvented system - Discharge pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting an unvented CH system fitted in a couple of weeks and have a quick question.

The copper discharge pipe from the cylinder will exit the house at the first floor height and then run down the exterior wall to the ground which is approx 2.5m (Dot and Dab walls prevent it from being run downwards internally)

As this pipe will potentially have boiling/very hot water running through it there needs to be some sort of cover fitted to the external section to cover the pipe for saftey.
I have seen little cages about 300mm high for where the pipes exit low to the ground but what is best for a longer external run?

I believe the protection is just to stop human contact with the hot pipe so would a piece of gutter downpipe be sufficient to surround the copper pipe or... as struggling to find and specific examples online?

Sponsored Links
I am getting an unvented CH system fitted in a couple of weeks and have a quick question.

The copper discharge pipe from the cylinder will exit the house at the first floor height and then run down the exterior wall to the ground which is approx 2.5m (Dot and Dab walls prevent it from being run downwards internally)

As this pipe will potentially have boiling/very hot water running through it there needs to be some sort of cover fitted to the external section to cover the pipe for saftey.
I have seen little cages about 300mm high for where the pipes exit low to the ground but what is best for a longer external run?

I believe the protection is just to stop human contact with the hot pipe so would a piece of gutter downpipe be sufficient to surround the copper pipe or... as struggling to find and specific examples online?

Here,
UVHW Discharge.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back