Up to Date Answer on Self Levelling Compound Over Bitumen Residue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Sorry to be a pain but I am pretty confused.
I have lifted and mahogany parquet floor and found that the block adhesive used was bitumen. What I am left with is a concrete floor with a bitumen residue that I would like to self level in preparation for low profile under floor heating.

There is no DPM in or under the concrete floor and the parquet blocks will not be relayed. I need to self level to the depth of 30mm graduating to 0mm over a 4m squared area.

I have read the sticky at the beginning and just about every thread available on this subject. Most of the posts are a couple of years old. I am thoroughly confused.

My question is, is there a self levelling compound now available in 2016 that will lay directly onto bitumen residue starting at a depth of 30mm?

What if any liquid DPM would I use over bitumen and in preparation for the self levelling compound?

Thank you in advance.
Bison

Sponsored Links
Uzin PE404. If solid can be used over bitumin.
Then a deep fill levelling compound

Hi Dazlight,
Thanks for your reply.
I have just read the Data Sheet on Uzin PE 404 and it states the following for the preparation:
Remove any soft or weakly bonded layers, e.g. separating agents, all residues of adhesive, levelling compounds, coat- ings, sealers, care products or paint, etc. by brushing, abrad- ing, grinding or shot-blasting. Other substrate surfaces should be mechanically keyed. For very smooth or extremely hard surfaces, e.g. power-floated concrete or hard magnesia screeds, shot-blasting is required

It doesn't specifically mention residual bitumen but will it be suitable for my purposes?

Cheers and thanks again for your reply

Bison

I was there Thursday Friday training.
Found out a lot. Things can be pushed but won't be on the data sheet.
I will be doing 404 on next few DPM jobs.
The system I have done for years is
Remove loose adhesive
Ardex NA
Ardex DPM1c
Ardex NA.

Before that it was F ball
Stopgap green bag with 114 liquid
2 coats F75 DPM
Green bag again.

Both systems worked great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back