Upgrade Texecom Elite 64 firmware - advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to upgrade my Texecom Premier Elite 64 panel (sounder and various sensors) from V5.06.00 to V6.03.02 (latest). I also have it available through Texecom Cloud so I will upgrade via that as I did once before. I have preformed a Health Check via Texecom Cloud and all is good.
Is there any actions to be taken before/whilst doing upgrade?
Any help would be very welcome!

Sponsored Links
it just updates the panel firmware nothing else.

If you have a cloud account then you can do a backup on there first.
Once complete, update the smart com.
Once complete update the panel firmware.

However if you are unsure contact Texecom for advice on how to use there systems to the optimum, they do have free training session for installers.

Thanks for that - I put my 2 zones into Soak Test as recommended by Texecom and the upgrade went ahead without drama.

Struggling to understand why they would recommend they put them into soak test, would like to know why that was suggested.

soak test isnt Really a thing to use to do a firmware upgrade stumped must be more to it than that

Sponsored Links
I assumed it was to minimise the risk of any alarms/zones being triggered during the upgrade process when you have no control over the system.
As a matter of interest is there anyway to cancel a running soak test?
Fortunately I had set soak test duration to just 2 days (default appears to be 14) before I enabled it so it will finish fairly soon anyway.

Last edited:
well two days may as well leave it.

Have to admit I dont use it very often, its designed not to cause an alarm but register the activation in the logs.
For a firmware upgrade I just dont see the point of it.

I would have to check how it functions on the firmware upgrade situation compared to not using it, also would have to check how that affected its behaviour as never used it for a firmware upgrade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back