Upgrading an existing AJ600N alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
We inherited a Aj600n at our house. It has wired magnetic contacts to the doors but no PIRs. It also has wired sounder to the front of the house.
I had a couple of quotes of one which suggested a HKC wireless system. Another suggested a Visionic wireless or Texecom excel wired panel reinstalling it from new.
They would not use the existing wiring or sensors.
Could anyone suggest a panel which would allow me to use the existing wiring may be with new sensors and 5 wireless PIR's added elsewhere. I would also like it to be able use a GSM module with it. I have reasonable DIY skills and as the wiring and spur is already there, I was hoping to fit it myself.
Many thanks,
Adi

Sponsored Links
Dear All,
I had a couple of quotes of one which ..............................
Another suggested ........................
I have reasonable DIY skills and as the wiring and spur is already there, I was hoping to fit it myself.....................

Calling out two firms and wasting their time was a bit off then.

Texecom premier with ricochet and gsm module, not cheap but flexible also castle are doing a wire free kit euro 46

Dear All,
I had a couple of quotes of one which ..............................
Another suggested ........................
I have reasonable DIY skills and as the wiring and spur is already there, I was hoping to fit it myself.....................

Calling out two firms and wasting their time was a bit off then.
My intention was not at all to waste their time. I would have got them to do the job but the quotes were pretty steep. I did mention the existing setup on phone & was told they will have a look and then quote.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back