Upgrading loft bracing.

I like to use Cuprinol Green, AFAIK it is the most effective wood preserver.

I am told that if you read the ingredients, usage instructions and safety warnings on the Wickes own-brand, they are identical, and there may be a reason for that.

If you can't find the Green one, the Clear is also good, though it contains zinc not copper.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John. The house is only 33 years old, but I do prefer preventing issues rather than curing them later.

I may just get the clear as it is already a brown colour and just go over everything. It won't hurt I guess. Also may as well do it before I board it as it will be easier.

Hopefully one last question before I go head and update the loft bracing. Should they also be tied in to the gable party wall with "BAT" straps as well as the gable end wall as it is a semi?

At the moment the roof trusses are only tied in to the gable end wall. Didn't know if they should also be tied in to the opposite wall which is the deviding wall between the two semi's.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ok got the wood and straps now to do the bracing this weekend.
Should I be using the straps on both gable walls?
One is an outside wall the other is the deviding wall between the two semi's.

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back