Upgrading system - shock sensors to pet immune PIR recommend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently moved, and about to upgrade alarm (new panels sensors etc). Currently house has shocks sensors on all windows and doors downstairs, and door contacts on upstairs doors.

All windows are being replaced from wood to upvc, and I have been advised that shock sensors are not suitable for upvc frame. Also then would not detect an intruder entering through an open window, etc

I am therefore looking to fit 4 PIR sensors, but would like to use pet tolerant sensors, as I have a dog (approx 6kg)

I have looked at Texecom 3D-PetWise, and the Bosch Blueline Gen2

I would be inclinded to use the Texecom as it is stocked by my usual supplier, has anyone used this, or would you recommend something else.

Is pet tolerant PIR the way to go, or is there some better technology,

Sponsored Links
Not sure what your asking.
Also the reasoning of shocks and windows.

Care to try again?

He means that if someone opened a window and climbed through it instead of breaking or bashing it then the shock sensor would not go off .

Sponsored Links
Also who says Seismic detection is not suitable?
Have you no idea about this?

If your going to contribute do so with something, as you tend to say.

One thing I will say and its not very often with Texecom, their prestige pet sensors are cack, very poor pick up.What a tool I looked trying to set one up in front of a customer! Binned for an i-wise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back