Shock sensor to PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

1st post, go easy on me. Been a lurker for a while..

Have a 15 year old alarm system (can't remember the name, I'm at work), and just had back windows & back door changed to UPVC from wood. Had shock sensors, carefully removed them before the UPVC installation.

About to put them back and thought instead of putting the old vipers back on I'll get brand new viper shock sensors and super glue them to the windows, but have read posts in here that says no no to glue and that it should be screwed.

So I'm thinking can I replace the shock sensors with PIRs? The shock sensors are connected by 4 wires only.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
hi best thing remove old wiring back to panel and replace with pir in corner of room. If not possible you can replace old vipers with new ones just means you cant connect tampers on them. sounds like tampers wernt connected on system anyway. let me know what system you have got to give more advice

Thanks,

Can't remove the cable.. its behind fitted cabinets.

Will try and fit new shock sensors I think..

Sponsored Links
You might find that the old Vipers have resistors fitted aka FSL (fully supervised loop). This would explain the four wires - 2 for power and 2 for the zone. Keep the resistors to fit in the new device.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back