Location of shock/impact sensors on window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some texecom micro-w shock sensors. When looking for advice on where to fit them it is scarce. Lots of conflicting advice about whether to fit them or not, much of which is based on old technology and police only reacting to sensors inside the property. I have PIRs as well but like the idea of the alarm sounding before an intruder gains access. I have already purchased the sensors, job lot of new Wireless sensors, £15 each including vat and delivery. The first three I have positioned as shown on the attached photo, red circle, and testing shows they work. This is based on where I think it should go and a texecom photo on twitter.

So, any advice on where I should be putting them? Windows are upvc. The sensors are very small and inconspicuous.
1C22133B-DED5-4BD0-8401-9BC3FFCABA93.jpeg

Sponsored Links
At £15 each for a new wireless sensors that is extremely cheap so doubt they are new and under warranty.

The date on the packaging will have a year followed by a week, so for this year first week of this year 2101 would be the date on the pack.
To this end I was in a distributors the other week and pulled them about a year 19/xx which is effectively out of warranty.
If they are truly new they will come with the deep base back box's as well as the standard backs.

The sensitivity can be adjusted to some degree on a 5 point scale.

Positioning for wireless reception, avoid large areas of metal.

Positioning for optimal performance and minimum number of devices, then the testing regime is critical to confirm.

vibrations travel down the frame, they become more noticeable away from the areas where the frame is fixed to the wall.

So central, as for test Texecom have a you tube video that may help you with testing the device correctly.

I would probably try the rea under the little window and test, the points starting with the closest and furthest points from the device.

Thank you for the advice on location and testing. It seems I am on the correct path. The three I have already fitted I ended up setting them at sensitivity 3, a bit more sensitive than the recommended sensitivity 2 for windows.

As for the sensors, they look new, label seal in place (although you can open the box from the other end), deep base included, unopened packet of screws plus sticky pad. Absolutely no sign that they are old or have been opened, let alone used. Date on them is 2128 so July this year. I bought a few to see if they were ok then purchased more and with a bit of negotiation got them for £15 each. I think I got a bargain.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back