Attaching shock sensors to UPVC windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had my windows replaced and removed the SHKC8 shock sensors from the old windows. How are these typically installed? They were previously screwed into the old windows but I have no idea about screwing them to the new windows. Presumably it's a fairly common thing to attach sensors to windows. How is it done?

Sponsored Links
presumably you don't want to screw into new upvc?
some sort of 3M super sticky tape?
I know that the stuff provided to the auto trade sticks like sh1t to a blanket?

presumably any sticky tape has to hold it firm without providing isolation

I have some uber-sticky double-sided tape, which I have successfully used to stick some door contacts in place. I'm a little concerned though, as it's a few mm thick and slightly spongy. Kind of a foam like substance with adhesive on both side and as you say, I'm concerned about it acting as a shock absorber. I'm not philosophically opposed to screwing into the windows, although I have no idea what lies beneath that UPVC facade*. I figure it's an issue alarm installers deal with on a daily basis, so I was hoping someone could offer advice on how it's usually done.

* This is a lie, I know some parts there's just a void, at other parts there's some kind of metalwork behind it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back