Shock sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having fitted a Honeywell Accenta alarm panel with Pir's, mag contacts, ect...... im wanting to expand the system to include a shock sensor.

The rear of the property has double exterior doors......abit like french doors but with a frame piece in the middle of the doors for them to lock into.

The shock sensor will be added to the doors to give added protection as they are a possible week point for an intruder.

Anyone recommend a particular shock sensor that works well with the panel i have? It doesnt have to double as a mag contact. The door is pvc.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Texecom , Viper , Rockonet ..all similar and will work with your panel, although not very responsive on upvc.I would also fit a magnet..it then tells you if you try to arm the system with the door open, and you can use the chime facility.

wouldnt recommend an impact detector on such a large U-PVC door.

I think Viper do one with a built in magnetic contact.

Sponsored Links
Thanks so far guys.

Why not recommend an impact detector on a large upvc door Atilla?

What would you recommend? I have a PIR protecting the kitchen but stopping people before they enter would be preferable, which is why i thought a shock sensor would be a good idea?

Regards.

Thanks so far guys.

Why not recommend an impact detector on a large upvc door Atilla?

What would you recommend? I have a PIR protecting the kitchen but stopping people before they enter would be preferable, which is why i thought a shock sensor would be a good idea?

Regards.

stand near a U-PVC door and you`ll hear it crack as it heats up and cools down again, if that doesnt activate the alarm who can say an intruder will actiivate it too.

You can desensitise the sensor a little to respond to gross attack rather than minor expansion vibrations. I'm surprised Atilla the Hen doesn't know that.

You can desensitise the sensor a little to respond to gross attack rather than minor expansion vibrations. I'm surprised Atilla the Hen doesn't know that.

you wonder why this site is treated with such contempt by the industry?

It's a DIY site - not a site for 'industry'. I guess you don't belong around here then?

It seems to make a difference to you - hence your comment. Makes no odds to me.

Now now boys, play nicelly.

My parents house suffered from the pvc door/shock sensor problem when it was changed from wood to the new pvc.

They had an engineer in to alter the sensitivity of the sensor.

So, any particular shock sensor that works well with pvc doors. I understand these shock sensors 'count' taps/knocks and you can set the number of 'knocks' it takes to set the alarm off.

With it being the rear of the property im very keen to protect it so any suggestions welcome.

Regards

So, any particular shock sensor that works well with pvc doors. I understand these shock sensors 'count' taps/knocks and you can set the number of 'knocks' it takes to set the alarm off.

With it being the rear of the property im very keen to protect it so any suggestions welcome.

Regards

sorry, no they simply were never designed for U-PVC doors and windows, thats the point we were making and the village idiot missed, your mums engineers simply turned down the sensitivity to filter out the false alarms

so the question now is

Q - HOW WILL YOU BE SURE ANY IMPACT DETECTOR WILL DETECT THE IMPACT YOU WANT IT TO?

A - YOU CANNOT BE SURE IT WILL.

sort of makes the choice of impact detectors futile

Yeah but it's better than not having one isn't it? There's a huge difference in the force needed to break in as opposed to heat expansion 'cracking'.

Let's face it, Atilla the Hen isn't the brightest fowl in the roost.

Use something like this. It also has a magnetic contact should the worst happen and the shock sensor not activate.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=937[/QUOTE]

obviously the theory is too much for you to grasp, lets hope your efficacy insurance is upto date - you do have efficacy dont you?

btw - reported to the mods for the abuse - see ya.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back