Upgrading thermostat - Sunvic 2259 to Drayon RTS8 (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, a bit of help needed please! I'm trying to upgrade my Mum's old Sunvic 2259 thermostat to something more modern (and working).

Firstly, the existing set up - she uses a Randall GP102 timer, which for all intents and purposes seems to be working fine. I haven't got near that.

Her current stat is a Sunvic 2259, and was configured as follows:

IMG_1489.jpg

And the wiring advise for the 2259:

full

I am assuming that means Yellow (1) is Neutral, Red (3) is Live, and Blue (4) is Switched Live.

The new thermostat I am fitting is a Drayton RTS8. Here is the wiring advice:

Full_Size_Render.jpg

I have followed Fig. 5 as I believe that is the correct option. Therefore, I fixed the following wires to the Drayton:

N = My Yellow Wire (Neutral)
2 = Not used
3 = My Blue Wire (Switched Live)
4 = My Red Wire (Live)

I put this all together, turned the thermostat up and BOOM the fuse pops - clearly it's not right.

I am a little lost as to what to try next. I have read a few comments on the board which suggest I may have 3 & 4 the wrong way around - although I cannot see why this would be the case, it's what I'm going to try next.

FINALLY, there was actually a thermostat interchange guide provided with the Drayton, which does list the Sunvic 2259 I'm replacing, however I don't know how to read it! (what is L/3??)

IMG_1493.jpg

Any help very much appreciated..!

Sponsored Links
Oh that was lucky.

Well, you misread the diagram on the old stat, although it is not the best.

The little rectangle with the two connections is the load.
This one is clearer:
upload_2016-10-18_18-44-55.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back