Upgrading to a Tado & self instal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a basic existing 'Danfoss' wireless system and am looking to self instal my V3+ kit to my Ideal Logic C33 combi boiler. The current receiver is already connected to the boiler.
To make life easier for myself Can I leave the wired in part into the boiler in place and just connect the new receiver and all other Tado components ? Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Just curious are all wireless receivers wired to a boiler in a similar way or does it vary depending on the brand?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks. Just curious are all wireless receivers wired to a boiler in a similar way or does it vary depending on the brand?
Usually the same way for combi boilers, with slight variations. The only thing that matters is making sure you don’t send 240vac down to the boiler if it only supports 24v.

Sponsored Links
Just a thought, if I decide to have it installed by someone do i need a Gas Safe person or an electrician? Thanks again

Just a thought, if I decide to have it installed by someone do i need a Gas Safe person or an electrician? Thanks again
If you're not opening up the boiler then either, if you are then gas engineer

Looks like there are two ways to wire into the boiler..'Potential Freee and 'Switched live'. I have not opened the boiler to check how its currently wired at the moment with the existing receiver
Anyone familiar with the Ideal Logic C30 combi that can advise?o
20230926_083727.jpg

Looks like there are two ways to wire into the boiler..'Potential Freee and 'Switched live'. I have not opened the boiler to check how its currently wired at the moment with the existing receiver
Anyone familiar with the Ideal Logic C30 combi that can advise?
In your first post you say that you have an existing Danfoss wireless system.
The first response from @CBW was to say it would be safer to use the existing cable.
If you are happy with the location of the existing system, the Tado should be a simple replacement - there will be no need to worry about which type of wiring your boiler has.
If you are happy to, show us a picture of the wiring behind the existing Danfoss, and we can suggest how that can be connected to the Tado.

Personally I would use potential free in your situation as you can almost guarantee not to get it wrong or send the wrong voltage to the boiler. If you used switch live, then there’s that risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back