Upgrading to Smart TRV's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed a smart heating system and, in doing so, replaced all the old TRV's with smart TRV's but left the two hall radiators just with their original manual valves.

The characteristics of the smart heating system and how it handles the water flow means I can either have these two rads warm up in the morning reasonably quickly but the rad is then too hot for the rest of the day or close the valve down so the temp for most of the day is fine but then the hall takes a couple of hours to heat up in the morning.

I understand the logic of why the hall rads had manual valves fitted in the first place. (It is a 1980's install)

My question though is can/should I now fit smart TRV's to these two remaining rads and let the software control the water flow to them - or is there a different way to overcome the problem

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
fit smart trv's and let them control the rads.

if you have a bathroom towel radiator leave this with no trv on and use this as the bypass if one isnt fitted in the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back