Upstairs radiators heat up when HW is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The upstairs radiators in my house heat up when i have the water heating on. The heating system is about 15 yrs old, someone has said to me that the y plan valve needs to be replaced. Is this correct and how do i do it?

Chris

Sponsored Links
Can you feel the heating pipe out of the 3 port valve getting warm when h/w is on?

Indeed have you got a 3 port valve or is this just what someone has suggested out of the blue :rolleyes:

the pump is in the airing cupboard (above the stairs) with the "mid position actuator". The 3 pipes that go into it all heat up when i put the hot water on. Its got a little push in button that doesn't appear to do anything on the side and a button that slides on the end - what do these do?

I bought a SUNVIC 3-port motorised valve this morning, it has a dial on the end that will turn and moves a plate inside. Iwas wondering if this was a manual overide in case the motor broke but it doesn't go far enough round to cover either of the holes.

Sponsored Links
yes the 3 port valve would cause the upstairs rads to get hot as it prob stuck in the mid position. the little black button would be for removing the head on the valve. i would buy a honeywell 3 port and just replace the excisting valve, sounds like a danfoss valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back