uPVC door leaking under frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! Hoping I might be able to get some advice on a problem that is driving me crazy.

Every time there is any sort of stormy weather, water is coming in under this crappy plastic door and is damaging the timber (and leaving me with a wet floor).

I have cleared out the vents and removed and replaced the existing sealant (with a very liberal appliation of CT1 as you can see :LOL:) but to no avail.

I have noticed that if I pour a lot of water into the drip tray from the inside, water does seem to both go out through the vent outside onto the sill but some water also makes its way inwards. Is there something defective with the door/drainage here or am I missing something?

Many thanks in advance.

20221015_111338.jpg

20221015_111816.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is the bottom left weld ( internally )on the door frame broken? Looks it in the picture.
Also is the wooden floor under neath the door frame?

take the frame out. You will find a hole on each side of bottom where frame is joined. They never filled them with silicone. The sides are different profile to bottom profile so the welded seam runs short leaving gap. no other solution but will sort problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back