UPVC Door Lock Mechanism points keeping coming out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a strange one this; I've got a UPVC door with a 5 point multipoint locking system with a "GU" logo and the numbers "6-22922" on the top and bottom lock mechanisms.
The door/mechanism locks/unlocks fine. My problem is that after opening the door, if I release the handle, all the 5 locking points just slide out of the door into the locked position, meaning I can't close the door without pulling the handle into the down position beforehand. I'm guessing there's something broken in the centre handle/gearbox assembly but if someone could point out what to look for it would be a great help.

Sponsored Links
You may find this strange but I had this issue a few times when I was a service engineer. All I did was unscrew the locking system from the top down to a few from the bottom then unscrew the euro and take the handles off. Pull the locking system out and bend it down towards the floor. Push it all back in and it worked fine

Ah I see what you mean, use the friction between the locking slide and its guides when it's slightly maladjusted. That suits me at the moment as I'm financially challenged. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds to me like it's worn over time and has become loose inside and the weight of the handle and door 5 point looking cams are letting them fall back out. strip it down and pack the inside with a thick grease

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back