UPVC door stuck and it's my fault - any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have royally messed up. Our UPVC patio door mechanism started getting stuck yesterday. And I mean it was taking all my strength to unlock and lock it even when open so defo the gearbox.

Anyway, skip to the end - I'd taken off the lock mechanism and everything to try and source one. Local firm is getting me one tomorrow, happy days, but they mentioned the locks I have (Maco) only really break if the door is out of adjustment and indeed it has been sticking a bit.

So, without really thinking I decided to have a quick look to see if I could figure out what was sticking with the mechanism off. I forgot about the bottom pin and as I've pushed the door too it must have dropped down into the bottom seat.

So....now I've got a patio door (it's the lead door, btw so can't open the other either) which has no lock or mechanism but is "locked" at the bottom.

How the hell do i get out of this mess....?

Sponsored Links
By absolute sheer coincidence I had a text from the people coming to fit some windows into my extension to say they're coming tomorrow - so I've left it alone. I've got a bad feeling, but if they can't fix it non destructively then I stood no chance

Sponsored Links
Rescued by the window man! Dunno what he did as I never stand over trades, but I know he took the glass out after a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back