uPVC Fascia vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace the wooden fascias with uPVC and put new gutters up at the same time.

The fascias are 125mm wide and flush with the house wall. There are no Soffits.

Should I put some form of vents in the fascias? I can't see any existing ventilation holes, presumably they are relying on the gap between the top of the boards and underside of the tiles for ventilation ?
2015-08-10_1059.png

Sponsored Links
Venting details depend upon roof design and whether or not a passage of air can actually be achieved by venting at the soffit/fascia.

Introducing fresh air into a loft (with standard quilt insulation at ceiling level) is never a bad idea. If it is doable then crack on.

I wonder where that lower down pipe is going? Op reduce the finished size of ypur fascia by the height of an over fascia ventilator which you can buy in 1m lengths.

Sponsored Links
I've been installing fascia and soffits for about 18 years. On a house like this, I would normally fit a 10mm vent nailed to the top edge of the fascia with a rigid eaves felt fitted above it, overlapping into the guttering.

I would also suggest you go into the loft and ensure any insulation isn't pushed too far into the roof eaves where it can block the airflow from the vents.

I have a photo or two in one my galleries for reference:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back