upvc fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having upvc fascia and guttering installed shortly and would like it black: I have been advised to go for white as the black will fade to grey after 10 years. I would appreciate comments and advice.

Sponsored Links
i've only ever installed black fascia and soffit once around 3 yrs ago its still holding its colour!
the manufacturers give the black and brown a 5 year colourfast guarantee. here.
the white gets a 20 year guarantee.

Ive only installed black the once also and did not think much of it.For starters its more than twice the price of whte(or was).Not only that the stuff i had was basicly white board with a black plastic coating on it.this was from a reputable upv suppliers "eurocell".Id go for the white if i were you.Saying that i often drive past and its not faded and the black plastic covering is still intact(fingers crossed hey) ;)

The contractor was only charging me £100 extra for the black -so it must have come down in price. Much appreciate your replies---I think I will opt for the white.

Sponsored Links
The contractor was only charging me £100 extra for the black -so it must have come down in price. Much appreciate your replies---I think I will opt for the white.

This will be gloss black, a big no-no as it will fade after a few summers.

If you go black, make sure you go for Laminated blackgrain on white foam. Eurocell/Deeplas are the best laminates out there and will last the full ten years.

Once you go black, you'll never go back :D

Many thanks for your comments which were very helpful. I have the contractor here this morning and have told him to go with the white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back