Upvc french patio door multilock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just moved into my new house today and having real issues with the French doors.When I arrived at the property there was two keys in the locks on the French doors but neither of them would turn in the lock no matter how much I tried. My question is would it be possible that both locks are broken with the same fault. I believe the locks are standard multilocks with eurolock barrels.
I did ring a locksmith who was a friend of a friend but he quoted me £175 which I thought was a bit steep.I may try and take it up with the estate agent aswell but I think it might just fall on deaf ears.
Thanks any info would be a help as I cant get my sofa in until I can get these doors open.

I

Sponsored Links
Could it be that its just not the right keys? Try any other keys you got with the house in case someone just out what they found in those doors.

If not, may be worth taking it up with the seller as the doors are unusable, and hopefully there was a clause to say everything was in working order, but of course no liability for failures.

Failing those, try another locksmith, a euro lock should be fairly easy for someone who knows how to remove, then replacement barrels are about £15 - £25 each, and take 30 seconds to fit!

id get onto the landlord asap and state that it is a fire risk, i wouldnt expect to be paying for that. If that price is just the barrels then you need a new friend too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back