UPVC French Windows and damp proof course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had rear window converted to French doors. Installer when knocking out brickwork has gone one brick depth below DPC. Is this OK????

Sponsored Links
I assume its PVC doors? If so yes that's fine, PVC dosent absorb water so is basically a DPC in itself

Yes doors are UPVC....I couldn't understand why he would have the sill below DPC.....I suspect he incorrectly measured up......

Having said that he did do what appears to be a first rate installation.....

As a newcomer to DIYNot I thank you for your reply Gazman...much appreciated!!!!!

Possibly a slight mis-measure, It can be very tricky to measure accurately due to having no way to know the exact floor level from the outside until you take the wall out. Most people arnt too keen on you taking the wall out and then saying I will be back in 2-3 weeks once the doors are made.

Having said that it could also be very well measured to give you a low/flush threshold with the internal floor rather than a large up-stand that would be a trip hazard.

Sponsored Links
You actually make a valid comment regarding the threshold which is now bob on flush with internal floor. In hindsight, during his visit when he measured up, he did enquire as to whether there were any young children or elderly persons at the property, of which there is both......

This guy obviously knew his stuff.

I was just worried that he may have contravened Building Regs regarding DPC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back