UPVC front door slackens off?

H

hianalo

Hi all, I fitted new seals to my door and found that the two bottom roller keeps were worn and would not pull the door air tight. So I took the second keep from the top and swapped it for the bottom. adjusted the rollers and it pulled all the door in tight except the second from bottom never pulled in as far. I have sent for four roller keeps and for the next few days I have gale force winds on the door so cant try anything else till the wind goes down.
So that's you up to date lol
Now the problem.. the cam roller at the bottom slackens off again when you open and close the door?
Like I said it pulled the door air tight but when you open the door and then close it again the gap is back?
Any ideas going wile i wait for the gale to pass and new keeps to come ??
PS It did look like the air had been getting into the middle of the door for some time. metal was not shiny and frame screws were rusty.

Sponsored Links
can the middle catch be nipped up to pull the door tighter when just shut(not locked)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back