uPVC not going into keep at top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a uPVC window, and realised why its lose, can just push it at top right on handle side, non hinge side, it looks like its not going into the keep at the top.

The strip along the opening window on side seems fine, has to be a bit loose I believe, but its not engaging into the keep and so is draughty and unsecure. Is there anyway can do an adjustment, and happy to keep this one closed for now, as its a dual window so can use that one which is ok. I want to secure it

thanks

Sponsored Links
So you have a locking mechanism that when locked you can still push the top corner open?
yes exactly that

its a 4 way keep, so can lock the window open a little, or close completely.

When I close completely, I can push on the top right and just pushes/bends so not very safe, and draughty. I've tried to see, and it's not engaging into the keep. There is a long strip on side of window that when moving handle the little locks move to engage on the keeps, this isn't going into the top one.

below is a pic of the keep, I think the little lock bits are called mushroom cam that go into it.

its as if the strip with the mushroom cam on needs shimming out, but its quite a way that I would have to loosen the screws

Attachments

• msiitps20qb__87496.jpg
    msiitps20qb__87496.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Do all of the cams slide up and down when moving the handle specifically the top ones? If they are moving but riding outside of the keeps then it's probably been like that since new, solution is to either pack the keeps out, remove the glazing bead on that side and pack the sash over from against the glass or move the top of the sash over on the hinges

Sponsored Links
Do all of the cams slide up and down when moving the handle specifically the top ones? If they are moving but riding outside of the keeps then it's probably been like that since new, solution is to either pack the keeps out, remove the glazing bead on that side and pack the sash over from against the glass or move the top of the sash over on the hinges
Yes slides fine up and down with handle, bottom goes in keep/stay fine, it just the top one. Just looks like needs packing out maybe. Windows opens and closes fine, its just the top

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back