upvc porch repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have included some pictures of our porch which was already in place when we moved in eight months ago.

As you can see, it appears to have been finished off with whatever bits of trim they had left on the van and the result is a bit of an eyesore.

I want to give it a makeover by replacing the trim pieces to hopefully a better standard than what is currently there, so where is the best place to buy small quantities of Upvc trim? there is a Eurocell branch not too far way, are they the best bet? or do they only deal with trade?

Secondly, what should I expect to find when I remove the existing trim? I can't really fathom out what purpose the trim is serving unless to cover up some pretty horrendous gaps where the frame fits - should I be scared?

I will be grateful for any hints or suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    282 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Should be easy enough to replace with a wider trim scribed to fit as one instead of bits, the wider it is the less it looks like trim, more like part of the frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back