upvc porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, planning to build small porch on front door. It will be 3 sides of window frames ( including door) sitting on a dwarf wall. My question is, does the roof sit on top of the frames or can I reinforce the corners with anything to take the weight, any help or advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
I usually use 3" x 2" timber, cloak it in pvc trim afterwards and it gives something to screw the gutter brackets too as well

Yes I can see that timber along the top of the frames would be fine but what about the vertical corner lengths? are you suggesting timber here also to take the weight?

If its to have 90 degree corners then you will have square corner posts, inside these will be a square aluminium box section for reinforcing, the windows screw into this before being glazed, the 3 x 2 will then rest on the posts and frames equally

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back