UPVC repair

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

The new frames that I've just had, have very poor welded corner joints.
Some of the joints where they have been welded, the finish has been taken off about 1/4" into the frame and has left a very rough finish.

Not sure how they do it,but it looks like some type of heat gun has been used and they couldn't have had a very steady hand!

Is there any way that this could be polished out and how would I do it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Having difficulty trying to pick up the joints on the camera, but to give you some idea this is a good one! As I mentioned earlier, on a lot of the joints the edge comes a lot more into the frame.

Also, I'm due to have a patio delivered later in the week. I have been told that they have to order this in direct from Synseal. Do you know if this will be supplied by Synseal completely made up or will they deliver it to my supplier in some type of kit form and then the have to weld the joints together in their factory.

It's not easy to see on the photo, but I assume you're talking about "rag" on the heat welded seams. It's worth getting rid of because I've cut myself on it a few times. If you're really unhappy with what you've got tell your supplier, threaten trade associations, etc. Factory finishing should really be better than this. If you think you can live with it the excess can be trimmed off very neatly with a SHARP wood chisel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

I spoke to the fabricators this morning and they have just been to have a look at them and agreed they should never have left the factory in that condition.

They have taken them away to repair or replace, so fingers crossed i'll get the windows back in good condition.

Synseal have confirmed that the patio comes in kit form so we have cancelled the Patio order and are going to try a different company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back