Upvc run up block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just come across something really odd all my upvc windows have a run up block on the frame. I understand what the need is for a runup block as it help the window locate on the latch. But for some reason all of these are located on the bottom of the frame. Apart from the upstairs window. It's located on the side of the frame for some reason and I've noticed that the window frame actually catches on the block as you shut it. Only ever so slighty though. All my windows open the same way in the house and the bathroom is no different to any other window. So what would the need be for a run up block on the side of the frame and not the bottom?

Sponsored Links
My understanding is the riser blocks can be used on the horizontal and vertical sections of the frame to assist correct alignment of the opener on closing. I think they're sometimes fitted as a security measure to stop up/down/sideways movement of the opener in the frame if someone's trying to gain entry.

Assuming it's fitted the correct way round (riser section facing outside) and if it's only catching slightly, you might find a small application of grease on the riser part of the block solves the issue and/or filing it slightly to stop it catching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back